Sixth Form Offer
- All students will be expected to complete 3 A Levels by the end of Year 13.
- Students will have the opportunity to complete an independent extended project with support from specialist tutors in school. This provides a fantastic opportunity for students to demonstrate commitment to their chosen future career or Higher Education course. It carries UCAS points too and is highly valued by universities.
- Students will be given the opportunity to pursue the Duke of Edinburgh Silver Award.
- Students receive 1:1 CV and UCAS guidance along with advice from a team of tutors supplemented by specialist support from the Sixth Form Team and subject specialists. Staff have years of experience in supporting students with University applications drawing on experience of working in University admissions, with many successful applicants achieving places at Oxbridge and other Russell Group universities and highly competitive Level 3 Apprenticeships each year.
- The QEHS programme of support outlined above is also complemented by external visitors, aiding students’ preparation for specialist interviews in areas such as Medicine.
- The school offers a range of complementary activities on a Wednesday afternoon, to both enthuse and stretch students. Examples include sport, the National Citizenship Service, Mandarin, Open University Courses, "Cooking For One", assorted student led societies including a debating group, a drama group and a charities group*. Students can also get involved in voluntary groups and work experience which offers opportunities for students to develop interpersonal skills and improve future employability prospects.
- Students wanting to stay fit and healthy or pursue their sporting interests can take up our special membership offer at the local leisure centre/gym or get more involved in the sporting activities offered at QEHS, possibly with a view to representing the school in fixtures. A link with Gainsborough Trinity Football Club has been made and coaching/community leadership opportunities may also be available.
- A week of valuable work experience is offered in Term 6 to allow students to gain experience in the world of work for their chosen career path.
* The opportunities offered will vary year on year, depending on student interests, with the aim of developing personal skills and attributes.